Zoning Inspector - Vince Sigmund     440-355-5997

Assistant Zoning Inspector - Roberta Moore     440-759-3155

Zoning Board of Appeals

IncumbentPosition / Term. Ends
Vic Long12/31/2019
Frank Lupinski12/31/2021
Jim Knepper12/31/2022
Jody Zalka12/31/2020
Daniel Moore12/31/2022
Paul SmithAlternate
Roberta MooreSecretary

All Zoning Permits must be obtained through the township. Please contact Zoning Inspector Vince Sigmund at

355-5997 or by e-mail at vincesigmund@gmail.com

Did You Know that anyone in the County that disturbs 1 acre or more of soil needs a  Erosion and Sediment Control Permit from the County Soil & Water per EPA Rules (except agricultural interests).  

Contact Soil & Water for more information or see:  

Construction can not begin without this permit!!

What do I need to obtain a zoning permit?

1You need to fill out a permit application

2. You need a site plan drawing of the property, location, and measurement of distances from other structures and property lines.

3. For new buildings you need to fill out and submit the Lorain County Health Department Property Improvement application and submit for their approval 

4. A construction drawing for all new construction.

​LaGrange Township Zoning 

IncumbentPosition / Term. Ends
Roger Bender12/31/2022
Roger Kuhl12/31/2020
Ron Pickworth12/31/2021
Randy Lindsey12/31/2019
Paul Glover12/31/2022
Richard KnightAlternate
Ed BurkeAlternate
Roberta MooreSecretary

Zoning Department

​​Zoning Commission

Zoning permits are required for all buildings, additions, pools, decks, driveway pipes, garage sales and fences.  Please check with the Zoning Inspector, Vince Sigmund prior to any construction.  Fees  will be doubled if building is done prior to obtaining a permit.